It’s important to be proactive in preparing your home for decreasing temperatures and frigid winds! A proactive approach to winter can lower energy bills and increase the efficiency of your home. There are many exterior areas of your home to consider, in this post we look at doors and windows.
- Check all the weatherstripping around windows and door frames for leaks to prevent heat loss.
- Replace weatherstripping when necessary.
- Replace your screen doors with storm doors.
- Replace all window screens with storm windows.
- Examine wooden window frames for signs of rot or decay. Repair or replace framing to maintain structural integrity.
- Check for drafts around windows and doors. Caulk inside and out, where necessary, to keep heat from escaping.
- Inspect windows for cracks, broken glass, or gaps. Repair or replace, if needed.