Summer is all about having parties, enjoying the sunshine, and hanging out on your deck. However, you notice that your deck could use a facelift. Sun, rain, snow and time have taken its toll causing fading, splintering and just plain ugliness. When you’re ready to tackle the task and refinish your deck, whether hiring a contractor or doing it yourself, you should ask for Benjamin Moore’s ARBORCOAT deck stain from MidSouth Lumber.
Refreshing your deck and protecting it at the same time is made easier with ARBORCOAT Exterior Stains:
- Available in 5 levels of opacity—from translucent to solid—with unlimited colors in the solid stain, so you can have the custom look you want
- Applies easily and dries quickly. In most cases, you can apply the Protective Clear Coat to the transparent and semi-transparent stains within 1 to 3 hours allowing you to use your deck the next day
- Easy cleanup with just soap and water, saving you time and labor hours
- Superior protection for all of your exterior wood surfaces: decks, siding, and outdoor furniture
- Annual maintenance program to refresh your deck with the Protective Clear Coat. With minimal time and effort, you can keep your deck looking great year after year without having to strip and refinish
When it comes to the impact stain will have on your deck’s design, understanding opacity is key. Opacity is the degree to which you can see the natural grain of wood, achieved by using one of the following…
- Clear stain has no color added and shows the natural beauty of the wood.
- Translucent stain doesn’t obscure grain and texture of wood and includes just the slightest tone.
- Semi Transparent stain allows most of the grain and texture to show through, with slightly more prominent color.
- Semi Solid stain, with its deeper shades, covers most imperfections while allowing some of the grain and texture of the wood to show through.
- Solid stain offers the greatest color depth of all, covering the majority of imperfections while allowing the texture of the wood to peek through lightly.
When thinking about color for your deck, consider the same shade as your home’s trim. This technique will make it stand out against the main field of your house for a unified look that still highlights your deck’s architecture.
Audition your stains. Pint-sized samples are available in all ARBORCOAT opacities as well as solid stains, which are available in all 3500+ Benjamin Moore colors. We also keep a number of sample treated pine decking boards on display with the various stains applied. Come see us at MidSouth Lumber and Supply and Experience a Different Kind of Paint Store.